Thursday, September 14, 2006

This is as serious as it gets: What is Being?


Being
is a primordial non-being's 'want-to-be'. Non-being's very wanting to come into being constitutes the being as the being of non-being which is the only form in which being can be. Thus, we can give various names to the Lacanian Being:
1. A being lacking in being.
2. Lack-of being's want-to-be.
3. Being in want-of-being where the being is in the wanting.

- Shantanuda, in the first Psychoanalysis class I attended after a month. Poor irregular me!

14 comments:

Teleute said...

I be confused.

Abhijit Gupta said...

to being or not to being...

Elendil said...

being is believing..

Erythrocyte said...

be bop a lula baby

Illusionary said...

seems to me u shld do class more often.

rainbeau_peep said...

be it kel be ing.

Soumik said...

moi be be-mused.

Elendil said...

This is turning into a real BE-anstalk.

Illusionary said...

this be funny.
this be hilarious.
you not be tired of this yet?

Lazybirdie said...

Being born is like being kidnapped.
& then sold into slavery...says darling Andy.
so what happens to d non-being in real order???

panu said...

And then Santanuda says: Am I making sense?

And we go........ er........

Prince Kazarelth said...

Whats this blog?

Elendil said...

Stay out of this blog puny kid. Tis for members of JU english dept. Fear not my Judeans, for I be knowing who this dufus is. A kid I knew from school.

inihos said...

kichchu bujhi ni...btw i need to get in touch with u